2009年6月20日 星期六

Swirly Whirly Grand Opening- Swirly Whirly開幕日



A month ago, I quit my job working for an American company.

Everyone was shocked
Under current economic situation, everyone wondered ‘Kaori, have you gone out of your mind?’

Someone has once told me
“If you are opening up a shop, just to fulfill your dream, I’d suggest you not to start the business!”

Hardly anyone knows what kind of shop I’m planning on opening
Everyone’s instinct towards ‘Swirly Whirly’ is ‘Are you importing ice cream?’

The past few years, since I came back to Taiwan
I’ve always tried to pay back for all the mistakes I’ve made when I was young

I know what I’ve done in the past, has brought my parents a lot of sleepless nights.

I love them dearly; all I wanted is for them to be happy and proud of me.

Therefore, I worked in IT business for a few years.

Until one day, my Mom rang me from Australia.

“Why don’t you start your own business?” she asked.

Suddenly, I had an idea.

I’ve always loved bicycles
The bike shops I’ve visited in the past, none of them are anywhere close to the word ‘cute’.

.Why can’t I open up a cute bike shop?

There are so many guys out there ridding Fixed Gear, why can’t I create an atmosphere for girls to join in?

It is then, I dragged .our shop technician- Burner into the business.

.We started looking at shop location, started facing every problem that comes up.

.Firstly, since my dearest Daddy won’t allow me to have my own business, I had to pretend I’m still working at my previous job, while I go out hunting for my dream shop location.

We refurnished the entire shop, from head to toe, ceiling to flooring. Every bit was done by us.

Every corner you see in this shop, comes from the bottom of our heart.

Every painting on the wall is done by myself and our artist- M/AO.


I once had a dream when I was a child.
I’ve always wanted a stair full of rainbow.

I made my childhood dream come true.

We learn as we grow, we start forgetting that none stoppable motivation we once had when we were young.


We forget our childhood dreams
We forget the reason that we live and breath


June 20th is Swirly Whirly’s grand opening day.

I want to thank my Mom & Tiffy for all their undisclosed encouragement and support.

Great thanks to Burner, who’s heart is dedicated to this shop.
It’s great knowing you! Even thought I’m not a good boss, but thank you for your patience and support in helping me grow.

Lastly, a big thank you to our artist- M/AO, who quit her job and moved up from Taichung to Taipei.

Every shop has its own story behind the scene.

Maybe to fulfill a great dream or to simply share the joy of life with people.

I don’t have the greatest business establish philosophy or experience to share. I’m just a girl with a bunch of Chihuahua, wanting to share my love for bikes and my own sense of fashion with you.

A life style or maybe just a concept.




一個月前, 我毅然決然地辭掉外商的工作

當時大家都很傻眼
在經濟不景氣的大環境下, 大家都很納悶 ‘香織, 妳是瘋了嗎?’

有人對我說過
“如果妳只是為了夢想, 那我勸妳不要開店!”

幾乎沒幾個人知道我到底是要開什麼店
聽到 'Swirly Whirly', 大家的直覺是 '妳是要進口冰淇淋嗎?'



這幾年回台灣
我一直為年少時的判逆在贖罪

我知道自己過去的為所欲為
帶給父母親很多失眠的夜晚

他們是我最愛的人
我只是單純的希望他們快樂

因此 就這樣我在外商電子業工作了好幾年

一直到有一天
和母親越洋通話

她問我
“妳怎麼不自己創業?”


我突然有了想法


我那麼愛騎腳踏車
腳踏車店都不可愛

我為什麼不開一家很可愛的腳踏車店?

那麼多男生在騎Fixed Gear
為什麼不能創造一個女生也會想加入的環境?


就這樣, 我把店內工友- 瑪莉寶給拖下水

我們開始找店面

開始面對重重的困難

先是必須假裝我還在外商公司上班
好安撫老爸的情緒

一邊找到地點
開始動手, 全盤自己裝潢

從天花板, 牆面到地板
我們全部動手自己來

店裡的每一個角落都感受得到我們的用心

每一面牆都是我和店裡的美工人員- 阿妙一起動手畫的


小時候我曾經有一個夢想
我一直想要一個彩虹的樓梯

我時現了自己兒時的願望


我們往往會因為長大
因為懂得太多, 而忘記年輕時那種不顧一切的衝勁


忘了年幼時的那些夢想
忘了活著, 呼吸著是為了什麼


6月20日的今天, 是Swirly Whirly 開幕的日子

在此我想特別謝謝一路偷偷給予我精神支持的媽咪 & Tiffy

還有一心一意為本店打拼的- 瑪莉寶
認識你真好! 雖然我不是一個好老闆, 但很謝謝你一路包容並協助我成長

最後要謝謝很給我面子的- 美工人員 (阿妙)
整個也是豁出去, 工作直接辭掉從台中搬來台北幫忙店務



每一家店面
都有它背後的故事

或許是為了一個夢想
或許是為了和大家分享生命中的一絲絲喜悅


我沒有豐富的創業史或經驗談
我只是一個女孩, 帶著一堆吉娃娃
想和你們分享我熱愛的單車
可愛的衣服

一種生活方式
和一種理念

沒有留言:

張貼留言